AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS DO’s
- Be gentle with your lash extensions. Rubbing and/or pulling your extensions can cause damage to the natural lash.
- Cover your extensions well if/when using an artificial light or tanning bed. Do not suntan beds for the initial 48 hours following your application.
- Do not use any creams, eye make-up removers, lotions, sunscreens or cleansers that contain oils on or near the lashes. NOTE: If the package does not state “oil free”, then it contains oil! Oil can break down any professional grade adhesive thus affecting the retention of the extensions. Minkys has developed an eye cream safe for lash extensions. Minkys EyesCream can hydrate, product and lessen wrinkles around the eyes.
- Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler on the extensions as this can cause the material to “crimp” and distort their shape. Minkys extensions hold their curl indefinitely, making manual curling unnecessary.
- Avoid water, sweat, steam and tears for 24 hours after lash application to allow adequate time for curing. By using the Minkys Nano Mister, you can reduce this time to 4 hours.
- Avoid oil-based and/or waterproof mascara as these products can weaken the bond. We recommend Minkys specially formulated mascara that is safe for eyelash extensions.
HELPFUL GROOMING AND CLEANSING TIPS
Grooming: Carefully brush through your extensions daily using a clean mascara wand. If you are wearing Volume lashes, we recommend brushing both vertically as well as horizontally. Brushing your Volume lashes horizontally will keep the Volume fans opened up and beautiful throughout your weeks prior to your touch-up.
- Use only powdered, liquid and gel eyeliner. Please inform all your service reps regarding your lashes when receiving facial treatments. Caution is recommended when having services including lasers, chemical peels, hydroxyl treatments or any other acidic substances.
- Natural lash cycle is sixty to ninety days. When one lash falls out there is another lash growing in. Therefore, you will need regular fills (2-4 weeks) to keep your lashes looking beautiful. When returning to your lash stylist for your fill DO NOT wear any makeup or creams around the eye area.
- Cleansing: Keeping your lashes clean is a MUST during the life of your eyelash extensions. Pump foam onto clean fingertips, close eyes and gently massage foam into eyelashes for 60 seconds. Rinse well with warm water, brush extensions with a clean, disposable mascara wand. After showers/swimming, dry your extensions by dabbing a clean towel directly onto the lashes to absorb excess fluid. Brush through with a clean disposable mascara wand.